Here is a full time opportunity with a solid and dynamic Bitcoin company; only English speaking, NON-US candidates, please!
Freelance Bitcoin Systems Administrator
Core Job Function:
We are currently seeking a Freelance Systems Administrator to join our team for an exciting Bitcoin project. We run prominent Bitcoin sites and need a systems administrations expert to help us improve performance and manage our hardware and security needs.
In this role, you will work with our Lead Developer to embrace responsibility for server/database stability, backups, security enhancements, and related SysAdmin responsibilities. The role includes the responsibility of overseeing service-specific operations as well as general sysadmin needs.
This position is a full-time, virtual, freelance role.
• Experience with bitcoind, running on Ubuntu
• Extremely strong systems administrator knowledge – Ubuntu, DNS, Linux, Nginx (web server, reverse proxy, caching, rate limiting), SSH, JRE, MySql, HTTPS, bash, rsync, bitcoind, etc.
• You’ll be responsible for our hosting environments, server/database configurations, software deployment + operations, backups, etc. Proven experience in all of these capacities is required.
• Experience and abilities in operations-specific functions. Ability to not only monitor databases and servers, but the know-how to troubleshoot and rectify any and all blocks and issues in a timely manner.
• Linux system administration expertise
• Software and systems security knowledge and abilities
• Solely responsible for application-specific live runtime tasks; ability to fix and recover hardware issues with little to no supervision.
• Familiarity with OpenStack and/or other cloud-computing environments
• The ability to self-start and self-manage in a virtual capacity
• Experience with and knowledge of Bitcoin is a big plus
• Set up server instances
• Manage cloud resources
• Install/upgrade software
• Manage third party services
• Manage runtime servers and services
• Diagnose and solve issues
• Implement backup and restore processes
• Server hardening and security practices
• More assignments as required
Benefits: Fabulous virtual position with an established team in the Bitcoin space. We have lots of flexibility and fun.
Please email email@example.com to apply